OCTOBER 2024 NEWSLETTER

                                                OCTOBER 2024 NEWSLETTER

Robert Lindenberger

405 Indian River Ave. 504.

Titusville, FL 32796.

321-368-7184

Expas65@yahoo.com

 

God is good all the time; all the time, God is good!

 

 I bought an electric razor, brought it home, and put it all together, but it would not work.  I told Marion, “I have to return this thing.”  She asked, “Why?”  “I can’t get it to work.”  She came to the table where I was sitting and picked up the instructions.  “Did you plug it in?”  “Yes.”  “Well, it says here that it must be plugged in, and the battery must be charged before use.  The battery needs to be charged, and you will have power.”  With a red face, I thanked her and told her, “I should read the instructions first.”  And then I prayed:

 

Lord, I have extolled you for your great power toward us who believe – your tremendous and visible power that works in us and for us… The same almighty strength You used when You raised Jesus from the dead and seated Him far above all other powers, visible and invisible.  You are able to do infinitely beyond all our highest prayers or thoughts.  Nothing is impossible with You!

 

Thank You that when I praise You and bring my request to You in simple faith, I plug into Your almighty power… That when I offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving, I open a door for You to rescue me and bless my Life, and I prepare the way for You to rescue and bless other people, near and far.

 

“So great is your power that enemies cringe before you.”   I lift my Praise to You for “no human imagination can take in the startling, revolutionary power, softly, subtly, but with irresistible sweep, that flows down from the crowned Christ among grateful men and women…that flows through the lives of individuals wholly under the gracious influence of the Holy Spirit… through people who simply live in full-faced touch with Christ, and who take that power as the need arises and the sovereign Holy Spirit leads” (adapted from S. D.  Gordon).  Thank You that I am part of the vast army of people around the world – people who live in full–face touch with Your Son and move Your mighty hand to bring about Your gracious purposes.  Thank You for our influence and victories not by human might power but by Your Spirit.1

                                                                         

May I share with you what I wrote for our Bible Fellowship meeting?  Knowing about Jesus is possible, but not having Jesus living in my heart is possible, too.

 

Please hear the testimony of a wonderful good lady who experienced this: I knew the basics.  I knew Jesus loves me enough to die for my sin and that he rose again with all power in his hands.  I know that if I repented, I would be saved if I sinned, I could ask for forgiveness and be forgiven.  Somewhere down the line, my understanding of his saving grace became distorted.  I only use God as a get-out-of-jail card.  It wasn’t until an unhealthy relationship ended that I realized that I had never accepted Jesus as Lord of my Life.  I wanted all the benefits of being saved without the benefit of being saved with that responsibility of that in Jesus, direct and control my Life.  But once I accepted his grace, my Life changed and I know now that I am God’s child.

 

We discussed this before–knowing about Jesus and not having him live in our hearts is possible.  I was teaching Bible school class and was closing in prayer.  I said.  “Before I pray, I want to give you an assignment for next week’s class.  The assignment is to call George W. Bush on the telephone and tell us how it went.”  A woman spoke up and said, “We can’t do that.”  I asked, “Why?”  She answered, “We know all about him.  But we don’t know him personally.”  I said, “Exactly – some people know all about Jesus but don’t know him personally.”

 

Another woman called out, “How can I know Jesus personally?”  I said, “I’m glad you asked!”  The Holy Spirit led her to Christ!  [end] We had an exceptionally good time in our fellowship; everyone testified, and Jesus was lifted up.  That meeting was on the 25th.  I am still high and thanking God for his presence, and on the 27th, I hear what Jesus said to me: TO ALL WHO RECEIVE ME, to those who believe in My Name, I give the right to become the children of God.  There is a close connection between receiving Me and believing in My Name – the essence of who I am.  Receiving a gift requires some major of openness, and I am the best Gift imaginable!  Recognizing Me as your Savior – God, you can believe that My offer of everlasting Life is real – and that it is for you.

 

Being a child of God is indescribably glorious!  I am both your Savior and your constant Companion.  As you journey through Life in this dark world, I am with you each step of the way.  I Provide not only for your path but also for your mind and heart.  I delight in giving you joy – now and throughout eternity.  Your brightest moment on earth will one day look quite dim in comparison with the Glory-Light of heaven!  There, you will see My Face in its brilliant spender and be satisfied with endless oceans of LOVE.2

 

 Psalm 17:15 And I–in righteousness I will see your face; when I wake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

 

John 1:10–12 He was in the world, and though the word was made through him, the world did not recognize him.  He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.  Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

 

John 3:16 NKJV  For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting Life.”

 

1.     Ruth Myres, 31 days of Praise, p. 119

2.     Sarah Young, Jesus Always, September 27

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                          

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

Palm Sunday 2020

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER