JANUARY 2024 NEWSLETTER

                                                               JANUARY 2024 NEWSLETTER

                                                                  ROBERT LINDENBERGER

321-368-7184

Expas65@yahoo.com

 

                                           God is good all the time; all the time, God is good!

 

       I survived seven years of living alone after the better half of me went to Heaven.  We are not promised an easy life, but God uses our trials and hurts to accomplish His will.  Difficult experiences are given to us for our good, for the benefit of others, and for God’s Glory.  I have experienced the loss of two wives.  One was in divorce, and the other graduated to Glory.  Both caused excruciating pain.  In my understanding, the first I handled wrong and failed miserably, I left my faith and went back into the world.  God never left me, but I left Him.  It was during this time that I met my second wife, Marian.  We became friends and then united in marriage.  I was the prodigal son, but God was the hound of Heaven and brought me back to his loving arms to hold and handle for the rest of my life.  Marian and I worked with mentally disabled people.  She was the facility manager of five grown men.  They called her mom.  One day, on her day off, we went to a flea market; her five men were brought there, too.  One of the men was so glad to see her he ran to her to give her a hug, lifted his feet off the ground, and broke her back.   Marian and I spent the last 15 years of our life together in pain.  Each day, we prayed together and drew closer and closer to our LORD and Savior.  We prayed together for divine healing, and it came on 10/12/14.

   

        I know it is difficult to shift our focus in times of overwhelming difficulty and intense suffering.  The pain screams out for attention, and the troubles bombard our minds and emotions with anxiety.  Yet, that is when we must sit down with Scripture and pour our hearts to God.  He invites us to cast all our concerns upon Him because He cares for us.  (1 Peter 5:7).  Every trial you experience is an opportunity to believe what the Bible says about God and look beyond our circumstances to His loving wisdom and good purpose.  And the more you learn to know you have a heavenly Father, the more content you will be.

      I live in Royal Oaks, Nursing and Rehab Center.  The Doctor comes to us.  (How long has it been since visiting doctors?)  He asked me, “Why are you here, Bob?”   I told him, “I’m here because I’m not all there and my get up and go got up and went.”  He laughed so hard I thought he might have a heart attack, but he pointed his finger at me and said, “Thank you, I needed that.  Laughter is the best medicine.”  Then I asked him, “Is there anything I can help you with?”  He shook his finger at me again and said, “Hey, mister, that’s my line!”  You guessed it.  I love it here, and I believe God must have put me here to be a helper to hurt people.

     

      Many of you, dear brothers and sisters, know my story, but there are many who do not.  I will try to be quick so that I won’t bore you.  Seven years, I lived alone and did not have much human contact, and I am a deaf-mute (almost).  One morning, I woke up and started frying bacon.  I got distracted by something on TV; the smoke alarm went off, and the whole trailer was full of smoke.  I got rid of the smoke, but it scared me to death.  I said in my devotions that morning, LORD, I SHOULDN’T BE ALONE.  HOW ABOUT A ROOMMATE?  NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE BE DONE.  God had a plan all worked out, and I am where I am.  The most happy (blessed) thing about this is I am where He wants me to be.

      

      I would not give up the time I was alone.  It was a time in my life that I needed, and I will be able to hear God say, WELL DONE, MY SON.  After Marian went home, my son Danny was dying of ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).  I was driving from Florida to PA to be with Him.  I was crying, and I prayed: LORD, it’s hard seeing my son die.  The radio went off, and it was quiet, and then I heard, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, BOB, I HAD TO WATCH MY SON DIE.  AND, BOB, IT’S OK TO CRY.  Believe me or not, this old man, 82, felt like Jesus’ age when He went to Heaven(33)—blessed for sure.

    

       During the seven years of living alone, I was addicted to Facebook.  I would like to share one of my posts:  To my praying friends on Facebook, I told you I would not be on Facebook for a while and asked you to Pray for me.  I went on a journey and did not have TV or Facebook.  I planned my journey for seven days but got home late last night and did a quick look at Facebook.  And what did I see?  My spiritual Pappy, Billy Graham, graduated to Glory.  My heart skipped a few beats, and I sat down on my prayer chair and cried, “O God, I just lost my son Danny, my spiritual son Ken, and now my spiritual Pappy Billy Graham, and I cried some more.  When my tears dried up, the HOLY SPIRIT said to my heart, “Jesus died on a cross to forgive your sin and give you a relationship with the Holy Father God and rose again to give you life more abundantly.  Billy Graham told you about that, and you accepted what he told you from the Bible, and you were born-again.  You told Ken and Danny, and they came to Jesus too.  Now, thank Jesus they are all with Him and having a wonderful good life in Heaven.”  When God speaks to me like this, I must say, “God is good all the time; all the time, God is good!  Please keep on keeping on praying for me and I will keep on keeping on praying for you.

 

      May the LORD bless you and keep you

and make His Face shine upon you

and give you His wonderful peace in 2024.  Shalom.

                           Jesus loves you, and so do I.

                                                       Brother Bob

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

 

 

 

 

 

       

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

     

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

October 2021 NEWSLETTER

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG