July Newsletter 2023

                                                          July 2023 NEWSLETTER

ROBERT LINDENBERGER

711 WAGER AVENUE

TITUSVILLE, FL 32780

321-368-7184

expas65@yahoo.com 

 Matthew 8: 23 -27 Then he got in the boat, his disciples with him.  The next thing they knew, they were in a severe storm waves were crashing into the boat – and he was sound asleep!  They aroused him, pleading, “Master, save us!  We’re going down!”

      Jesus reprimanded them.  “Why are you such cowards, such faint hearts?”  Then he stood up and told the wind to be silent, the sea to quiet down: “Silence!”  The sea became smooth as glass.

      The men rub their eyes, astonished.  “What is going on here?  Wind and sea   come to heel at his command!”

 Hope in the Storm.

       Many people in the world – maybe even you – are facing terrible storms in their life.  Broken homes, joblessness, loneliness, loss, financial struggles, and the world crisis/at the very fabric of hope.  Some may even feel as though their lost adrift at sea in a small boat during a great hurricane.  And many wonder, how on Earth will we be able to reach the shore safely?

       The disciple faced this spirit as well.  While they were crossing the sea of Galilee and about, the weather took a frightening term.  In desperation, they woke Jesus and cried, “Save lives, Lord; we are perishing (Matthew 8:25).  He rebuked them for their lack of faith and proceeded to calm the storm, showing himself to be Lord over all creation.

      This story teaches us where we should turn when storms arise in or on life.  Sometimes people interpret challenging events as indicating that God isn’t paying attention.  That’s what the disciples thought until Christ calmed the turbulent waters.  But even when the world seems out of control, remember that Jesus is in the boat with you, and he’s still Lord of all.

                                                           -- Charles Stanley, In Touch, March 4, 2023

      Did you ever have a heartbreaking experience that brought you closer to the Lord?

      At my age, I can say I have had a few: the loss of two wives, my son, my book, and my home.  Looking back, I can see God’s wonderful Love, which I should have seen when I went through each trial.  And I can’t say, “The d evil made me do it!”  But I lived, “Not You’re will but mine be done.”  I can hear you say, “That’s backward.”  You were right, and I was wrong.  It should have been, “Your will be done, not mine.  That brings me up to the present, and all the heartaches, trials, and tribulations I have gone through have brought me closer and made me want to fall in Love with Jesus over and over again until I go to live with Him in glory.  I still have days when I wake up depressed and go through days of loneliness. 

       Yesterday was one of those days that started off with praising and thanking God for one more day on planet Earth.  That euphoria lasted most of the morning and into the afternoon.  A telephone call ended it all.  The call was from the the Apartment Complex, saying I was not accepted and could not move in.  WOW!  That was like someone punched me in the gut!  My first thoughts were that I should not have bragged about having a moving day -- everyone would think I lied.  I picked up a devotional by Anne Graham Lotz and opened it, and here’s what I read: “Who do you say you can’t witness to because they are an intellectual or highly educated, and you are not?  Or maybe the person has a seminary degree, and you have just started going to church.  Remember, it was Joseph, a Hebrew teenager and slave, not a wise man of Egypt, who interpreted the pharaoh’s dreams.  It was another Hebrew slave, Daniel, not the wise men of Babylon, who deciphered the mysterious writing on the wall of Belshazzar’s palace.  It was the unlettered fisherman, not the Scribe and the Pharisee, who were taken into the confidence of Christ and use of God to build his church.

       Do you feel inadequate intellectually, educationally, socially, and theologically? *  Good!  God can use you!  He states clearly that He “chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise” (first Corinthians 1:27, NIV).  God is attracted to your weakness!                                               

                                                                  -- Anne Graham Lotz, Just Give Me Jesus

 *Go back and read the sentence over and add old, used, and good for nothing.

 

              God is good all the time; all the time, God is good!  Amen?

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

October 2021 NEWSLETTER