The Love of God by Kathleen Berg Spencer

  The Love of God

By: Kathleen Berg Spencer
If you’re anything like me, at some point, you’ve wondered if God really loves you. You felt like you’ve messed up again after knowing better, and you’ve even thought, “If others don’t love me and accept men, then God must feel that way about me too.” Been there and done that!
One day in my deep feelings of failure and rejection, I got my Bible out and read from Romans 8:38-39, which says, “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of Hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What an amazing truth and promise!
Does God love us when we make bad choices?--Yes! Does God love us when we disobey His word?-Yes! When we are sick?-Yes! When others come against us?-Yes!When we go through hard times?-Yes!
When all of Hell literally comes against us?-Yes!
Jesus came to this earth, leaving the perfection of His heavenly home, where there was no sickness or pain, either physically or emotionally. He had lived surrounded by unconditional love and acceptance forever! He came to this earth so that He could go through everything we experience. Hebrews 4:15-16 says, “This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us in our time of trouble.” He willingly took it all on Himself. Oh, how sorry and great pity He must have felt for us as He experienced all of our physical and emotional pain for the first time in a sinful and broken world. And then He willingly died, and all of our pain and rejection were placed on Him so that we could be set free from it. I believe the greatest pain He felt while hanging on the cross was the pain of all the people who lived and would ever live as His father, whom He had lived in perfect love with, turned away from Him. Hatred, persecution, pain, and rejection were all foreign to Him before He came to earth. Did He love mankind when He lived in Heaven? Yes! And that is why He came to this earth.
I accepted Jesus when I was very young and had no clue of all the pitfalls that were ahead of me. Did I ever make a mess of things through the years as I had to learn everything the hard way! God did not stop loving me or condemning me. I loved Jesus, but our walk with Him is a process. I had absolutely no strength in myself to overcome some of the things I knew were wrong, but He understood my failures and the war that was raging inside of me. Once I knew I had to love Him and want to be obedient to Him more than I thought it was so great, He set me free. He never stopped loving me! He never stopped pursuing me! He continues to love, pursue, and make me into what He wants me to be and not what I think I should be. So.. does God love us unconditionally? Yes! Yes! Yes!
I hope you have found encouragement as you read this, knowing you are deeply loved. Oh...and by the way. God has put His unconditional love in my heart for all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

October 2021 NEWSLETTER