November 2022 Newsletter

                                                     NOVEMBER 2022 NEWSLETTER

Robert Lindenberger

                                                  325 3rd Avenue

 Mims, Florida 32754

321-368-7184

Expas65@yahoo.com

God is good all the time; all the time, God is good!  Amen?

 

Let me introduce myself to new people and all who have been with me since the beginning of the Newsletter.  I am Eighty-Seven (87) and homesick for heaven.  I am the baby of a family of eight who is down to three, two sisters and me.  One sister is 100 years young, and the other sister just turned 90, so you can see I’m still the baby of the family.

      In 2007 I self-published a book, WOUNDED HEART, HEALED HEART.  I Sold some and gave many copies away.  But it was not on best seller’s list.  I call it my baby of old age, and it died a crib’s death.  (Going to name-drop here).  Jerry B. Jenkins said personally, “It was too soon; you were not ready, and you have a lot of sorrow to go through to share.”

     I thought I would record the bad times and how God brought me through each one and others, too, and rewrite the book as WOUNDED HEARTS, HEALED HEARTS.  I did this and had volumes of writing, but I know I can never be published again, and in the Newsletter, I am going to share some of the things I went through after writing the book or what would have been in the book.

 

      I would like to start with my working at Walmart. 

 Marion was getting worse and in very much pain because she had a broken back that had been operated on, and they put a rod and screws in her back which was on the nerve that causes pain, and now she has two knees that when she walks with bone on bone so you can see it was hard for her to get around.  She could not return to work, so I went to Walmart and applied and was accepted for a full-time job.  I went to work at Walmart.  I am 69 years old, but they hired me full-time, putting merchandise on shelves.  I worked in the automotive section, stocking the shelves with gallons of oil.  It was a hard job.  When I started, I had a great assistant supervisor who interviewed me and asked me if I was able to keep up with the younger people.   He also asked if I would like to laugh and have fun with our family on the night shift.  Unbelievably that is the way it was for two years.  I was well-liked and was even the helper to the new guys that came in.  One night I finished with my pallet and went to help put stuff up in the high rise.  I was reaching up for a box and had to work it out with my fingers, and finally, it came down, and so did I. It broke the rotator cuff in my shoulder.  It was so bad they operated the next day.  I was supposed to have six weeks of working compensation, but Walmart made me come back in four and demoted me to greeter, part-time, and reduced pay.  That was the beginning of the end for Marion and me in Pennsylvania.

     Life became a living hell at this time.  I could do nothing right, and the assistant supervisor would follow me around if I were on break and make me go to the lunchroom instead of walking around the store.  Christmas Eve.  I was at the exit door and usually saying, THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WALMART!  I changed it to; MAY YOU HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!  And I was written up and told you would not get your incentive this year.

      One more incident happened when they were trying to get me to leave.  I got a phone call from my wife, who was very well shaken.  Our little dog, Buddy, had been attacked by a BIG dog from next door.  So, I packed up and went home to find that the little dog needed care or would die.  We took him to the Vet $150.00 bill for the fixing.  One week later, the same thing happened to the other dog and another $150.00.  Walmart fired me for leaving before finishing my shift.

     The following is pure conjecture on my part of why the turnaround from my supervisors at Walmart.  I self-published a book and had a few copies with me for my buddies from the night shift.  The CEO of Walmart visited our little store in Bethlehem, Pa.  He was leaving after touring the store, speaking to the greeters, and on his way out.  He told us we were appreciated, and we saved a lot of merchandise walking out the door.  He asked us if we had any questions to ask him.  I told him I had a published book and would like Walmart to sell it.  He said, “You’re asking the wrong person.  You will have to talk it over with the sales manager and go from there.” his demeanor changed from a smile to a stern look on his face as he turned and out the door, he went talking to all his followers as he left.  I conjectured that he told them to make it rough on me, not fire him, but make it intimidating so that I would leave.  He has a conflict of interest; Walmart must be first from all my employees!

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

October 2021 NEWSLETTER