AUGUST 2022 NEWDLETTER

                                                             AUGUST 2022 NEWSLETTER

Robert Lindenberger

3325 3rd Ave.

Mims, FL 32754.

321–368–7184

expas65@yahoo.com

 

Did you ever go through a time you never wanted to repeat, but in the end, you realized it was a learning experience?  I want to share my experience of this past month with you.  I identify with Peter in the Bible, who says, “I’m going fishing when everything looks fuzzy.”  So, fishing.  I did go.  Even on the Fourth of July, you would have seen my fishing buddies and me catching 2-inch catfish by the dozen.  Mother catfish must have just given birth (but they were fun to catch).  This happened the first two weeks of July, and then it happened!

 

I live in an RV trailer court, and we have to go to the court mailboxes for our mail.  One afternoon I went to the mail.  My mailbox is on my key ring with the ignition key, so I have to stop the car, get out and get the mail, and restart the car.  The car wouldn’t start, not even a click.  I had to walk back to my trailer – no Walker or cane – it seemed like 10 miles, but I got home.  I called my good Christian Fishing buddy, and he came immediately and tried to jump-start my car, but nothing happened; it still wouldn’t start.  On the way back to my trailer, we saw the maintenance man.  I jumped out and talked to him, and he said he would look at the car.  He told me the car wouldn’t start four days later, and I needed a new battery.  So, we bought a new battery, and guess what?  You’re right; the car wouldn’t start.  We went to a parts store, bought a new starter called AAA, and got towing inurnce, but had to wait till next week to have the car towed to a Chuch that does mechanical work for poorer people like me than dirt.

 

God is still in miracle-working wonders.  At four o clock this morning,  July 29, I woke up and had an impression to go to my car and wait for the tow truck.  The car had been, for two weeks,  at the Park mailboxes.  I dressed and went and got in the car and turned the key.  The car started.  So we called AAA and canceled towing.  I got to the church and tried stopping and starting, and it worked perfectly.  I told the man what happened, and he said, “We will put the new starter in.” So he got in to move the car to the lift, and it wouldn’t start.

 The volunteer that worked on my car got the old starter out but could not put the new one in because they sold me the wrong part.  We had to go to the parts store and make the exchange, and it cost me almost as much as the one I had bought before – double the price, but not the product.  It was the starter motor, the car started OK, and I could go to church Sunday morning.  Thank you, Jesus!

 THERE’S MORE.  I was scheduled for surgery on my eyes to have my eyelids’ wrinkles lifted.  I was going to drive my car for the preop session, and then a wonderful sister in Christ would take me for the operation.  Well, with no car, she took me to the preop also.  And I am blessed because she talked to the nurse and found out I should not be alone after the operation.  So she took me for the operation, then took me to her home and nursed me.  What a blessing!

A Prayer for Stormy Days

Awesome, Omnipotent, Creator, God,

      I worship you, the One . . .

Who “laid the Earth’s foundations,”

Who, “shut up the sea behind the doors when it burst

      forth from the womb,”

who “made the clouds its garment,”

who “fix the limits for it,” and

who said, “thus far, you may come, and no father;

   here is where your proud waves halt,”

      I think of when Your disciples struggled in the storm on Galilee, then called out to You, and You commanded the wind and waves to be still.  And they obeyed!

      As the storms of life assail me, as those I love to face the ways that threaten to submerge them in despair; I ask You to look on us with mercy.  I cry out to You, knowing that, just as the wind and the waves your voice and respond, so too are all the forces of the world.  Subject to Your power.  I ask that You would speak into the lives of the world Peace Be still!  Please.  For the glory of Your great name.

      I ask that You keep your promise: “when you pass to the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass to the rivers, they will not sweep over you.”

      You are Immanuel.  God with us.  Facing every storm that comes my way, I cling to You in trust.

      In the name of the One whom the ways and wins still obey – Jesus,

         Amen

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

October 2021 NEWSLETTER