JULY 2022 NEWSLETTER

 JULY 2022 NEWSLETTER

 ROBERT LINDENBERGER

                                                                    3325 3rd Ave.

Mims, FL 32754

321-368- 7184

expas65@yahoo.com

God is good all the time: all the time, God is good!  Amen?

 

A SERVANT’S REWARDS.

       In his grace, God freely gives salvation to those who believe in Jesus.  We can’t earn it, nor do we deserve it.  However, our Father does notice when we live according to His will, and He promises to reward us according to what we have done for him.

       Revelation 22:12 says, “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work deserves.”  Whether large or small, service done in Jesus’ name will be blessed.  However, we must be careful that our actions are for Christ’s glory.  If motives are self-serving, the only benefit we receive is the praise (if any) that we hear from people in this life.

       While we look forward to the rewards given in heaven, some blessings can be experienced now.  For example, there is great joy in allowing God to bless others through us.  In addition, there’s a profound sense of fulfillment when we lead a person to Jesus and teach him or her how to walk by faith.

      Serving others is both a great benefit and a responsibility.  We should prayerfully consider our motives to make sure that our goal is to glorify Christ.  Only then will we receive God’s full blessing – rewards are given not just in eternity but on earth as well.

       Children aren’t the only ones who like getting rewards.  Adults do too!  And God’s word makes exciting promises for those who walk in His way.

       Some of these blessings are available here on earth – like fulfillment, joy, and good favor; others will be bestowed in heaven.  As believers, we are clothed in righteousness through Jesus’ blood and need never fear God’s judgment (Romans 8:1)

       To help us understand about these benefits, Scripture describes four crowns.  The first, called incorruptible, is given to those’s great desire to walk obediently before God.  Second, the crown of life is granted to believers who stand firm, enduring trials without giving up or losing part.  Third, the crown of righteousness is bestowed upon those who long for Christ’s appearing and live godly lives through him.  Fourth, God will give the crown of glory to those who share His Word with others.  And as the Bible tells us, we will be odd by Jesus’glory and honored just to lay our crowns at His feet.

       Heaven offers all believers the joy of eternal communion with the Lord.  Thankfully, though, we don’t have to wait to enjoy His presence–-whoever trusts in Jesus is indwelt by God’s Holy Spirit and has His companionship and guidance for the remainder of life on earth.  Won’t you put your faith in the aaSavior and accept God’s remarkable gift?

                                                                 – – Charles Stanley, IN TOUCH, June 28 and 29, 2022

        The devotional from Charles Stanley came to me as an answer to prayer.  Here’s the reason why:

Sixty-four years ago, my son, Daniel Edward Lindenberger, was born.  He had a daughter born in June, and she had two children born in June, one on his birthday.  So, I am grieving the loss of my son and also grieving that I never had time to get to know my granddaughter and three great-grandkids.

       My wife, Marian, went to her Heavenly home prepared for her by Jesus almost eight years ago, and I have lived by myself all that time except for the last six months.  In November of last year, 2021, I got a roommate.  His name is Robert (I’m Bob, he’s Robert).  Robert lost his wife and came to live with me.  Of course, we had some adjustments as this was a new life for us.  Oh, I wish this was a fairytale, and I can say we lived happily ever after, but it’s not!  I slept late one morning, and when I got up, Robert was gone.  So, I dressed and went to the kitchen table for my devotions, and  in came Robert.  He had gone shopping.  He seemed happy, put his stuff away, and went to his room.  And a little later, maybe a half-hour, he comes out and asks me to take him to ER.  I took him to ER.  He asked me not to come in with him.  I went home, and in the afternoon, he called and said, “They’re transferring me goodbye.”  Four days later, Robert walks in with a beautiful lady behind him.  “I’ve come for my stuff; I’m moving out.  I’m going to assisted living.”  Robert moved out and is now in a nursing home.  He doesn’t know why he’s there or if he likes it or not.

      Not a happy story and not a fairytale ending, but all true and has me mixed up in my feelings.  If ida came to visit again.  Who is If ida?  He would not have gone if ida been more like Jesus to him.  If ida shown him LOVE of Jesus or if ida been a better example, and on and on if ida goes.  So now you know why the devotional I shared was God speaking to me.  Read it again with this little tidbit from me and see how great and grand our Savior is.  He has me in His hand and sees me through the blood of Jesus Just as if I’d never sinned (Justified), and you will know why I shout.  GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME; ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!  AMEN???

 

 

 

 

.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

October 2021 NEWSLETTER