AUGUST 2021 NEWSLETTER

                                                  AUGUST 2021 NEWSLETTER

Robert Lindenberger

3325 3rd Ave.

Mims, FL 32754.

321-368-7184

expas65@yahoo.com

 

GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, our heavenly Father, has me and you in the hollow of his hand.  He loves us with everlasting love.  He speaks to us through his Word and inspires men and women to express that word to our hearts.  Hear how he talked to me inspired Words when I needed the most: DEVELOPING FAITH THROUGH ADVERSITY by Charles Stanley.

 

      Paul spent years serving Christ, yet he experienced continual suffering.  It doesn’t seem fair, does it?  Why would God let him go through so much pain?  It’s a question many of us asked today about ourselves.  We think the Lord should protect us from hardships, but He doesn’t always do so.

      Maybe our reasoning is backward.  We think faithful Christians don’t deserve to suffer, but suffering is part of being a Christian from God’s perspective.  If we all had lives of ease without pain, we never really know God because we would never need Him.  Like it or not, ADVERSITY teaches us things that simply reading the Bible never will.

      I’m not saying we don’t need to know Scripture; that’s our foundation for faith.  But if what we believe is never tested, it remains head knowledge.  How will we ever know the Lord can be trusted in the midst of trouble.  If we never experience hardships?  God gives us opportunities to apply scriptural truth to the difficulties facing us, and in the process, we find Him faithful.

TRIALS can be a means of building faith or an avenue to discouragement and self-pity – it’s up to you.  But if you apply God’s word to your situation, your trust in Him and your faith will be strengthened through ADVERSITY (emphasis mine).

      NO, this is not an old-timers repeat but shared with a purpose.  At the time of this writing, I will have had 26 radiation treatments (Praise God, only four more to go) and learned that both Pastors at my church have Coved 19.  In my second-week radiation therapy, I got a call from my doctor that my liver enzymes were high, and she wanted a test taken of my liver.  I made an appointment at the hospital for the examination, 8:30 am on Monday.  I arrived on time, signed in, and the lady said to go to the lobby and wait.  At 9 o’clock I went back and asked if they had forgotten me.  She told me my appointment was at 930.  I went and got myself a cup of coffee and finished the ½ hour wait, and when the Dr came out to get me, she asked if I just had that cup of coffee.  I answered yes.  She told me, “You’ll have to reschedule; we can’t do the test.”  They rescheduled me for Friday at @7 o’clock, did the ultrasound test, and still waiting for that test results.

NOTE: I started writing this Friday morning before radiation treatment.  I told my radiation doctor all of the above.  I told her that my doctor would not tell me the test results, and I was a basket case waiting to hear.  She called the hospital and got a result from the test.

 I’m so excited, and here’s the reason why

Jesus took my burdens all away;

Now I’m singing 

As the days go by

Jesus took my burdens all away.

 Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin.

Jesus took my burden gave me (wonderful) peace within,

Now I’m singing

As the days go by

Jesus took my burden all away.

 I have been singing this song all day. Why? Because my Radiation Doctor called the hospital and got a copy of my liver test and gave me good news. PRAISE GOD! No cancer and not even fatty liver. Now I can get back to life without that hanging on and holding me for the count. It makes me yell. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME; ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD! AMEN? AND through it all, I’ve learned to trust in Jesus and fall in love with Him over and over again. He is a wonderful good God and I can’t praise Him enough!

 Psalm 95:1-5 (NKJV)  Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the lords are the great God and the great King above all gods. In His hand are the deep places of the earth’ the heights of the hills are His also. The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus

      As the Potter, Jesus uses suffering as pressure on the wet “clay” of our lives.  Under his gentle coming, loving touch, our lives are molded into a “shape” that pleases Him.  But the shape that is so skillfully wrought is not enough.  He not only desires our lives to be useful, but He wants our character to be radiant.  And so He places us in the furnace of affliction and tell our “colors” are revealed – colors that reflect the beauty of His own character.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

October 2021 NEWSLETTER