March 2020 Newsletter

 



  


March 2020 Newsletter

Hello, my name is Bob, God is good all the time; all the time, God is good, Lindenberger. This morning, March 1, 2020, I woke up and immediately said, “O God, this is the first day of the rest of my short life here on planet earth.  I want it to be the day You have planned for me, but I need help from falling into the pit of self-pity and want to be in YOUR PRESENCE all day long.”              

 

      “The gospel” is the Good News that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again (one Corinthians 15:1 – 8). There is only one “good news” of salvation; any other message is false (Galatians 1:6 – 10). The message of the Gospel is the Good News that sinners can become the children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, God’s son (John 3:16). To add anything to the Gospel is to deprive it of its power. We are not saved from our sins by faith in Christ plus but something else; we are saved by faith in Christ alone.

      “We have some neighbors who believe a false gospel,” a church member told his pastor.  “Do you have some literature I can give them?”

     The pastor opened his Bible to 2 Corinthians 3:2, “you are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men” . He said, “the best literature in the world is no substitute for your own life. Let them see Christ in your behavior, and this will open up opportunities to share Christ’s Gospel with them.”

      The greatest weapon against the devil is a godly life. And a local church that practices the truth, that “behaves like it believes,” is going to defeat the enemy. This is the first essential for victory in this battle.” 1.

      Battlefield of the Mind.  The American Heritage Dictionary “defines battleground as an era where a battle is fought; a sphere of contention.” But the pictures in the daily news make us think otherwise – that battlegrounds are places where guns are fired, bombs are dropped, people are physically killed and wounded, and landscapes are destroyed. The danger is that, if we look around us and don’t see those things happening, we think we are not living on a battlefield.

     But nothing could be farther from the truth. Paul wrote to the Corinthians that our battle is not like the world’s battles. Rather, it is a battle of ideas, fought on the battlefield of the mind. Our enemy’s strategy is to tempt us to deny God’s truth and deceive the discourage God’s people, so they lose faith and hope in the goodness and providence of God. Yes, Satan stirs up the physical wars between nations and peoples, but even those wars began with ideas.

      Follow Paul’s admonition to take every thought captive, submissive to the will of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 10:5). Thoughts must be tested by the Word of God. 2.

Jesus says, My friend, I am good and “a strong refuge when trouble comes” (Nahum 1:7). Come to me whenever it is not well with you.

      When you are too slow to call to me in prayer, this causes a lack of heavenly comfort. Before you earnestly seek Me, you first seek after many others means of comfort. You refresh yourself with outward things. So you find that all of these earthly things have not helped you at all. You must learn that I am the only one you can trust to deliver you. There is no strong help, no helpful counsel, or no lasting remedy but Me. But now, as you recover courage following your storm, grow strong in the daylight of Mei mercies. For, I know Lord, say that I restore all things, not only as they were at the beginning, but more abundantly and stack higher than they once were.

      “I am the Lord, the God of all the people of the world. Is anything too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27). Where is your faith? Stand firm with perseverance. Be patient and strong. Comfort will come to you at the right time. Wait for me. Yes, wait. I will come and heal you. When temptation troubles you and unfounded fears terrify you, remember this: “don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34). It is futile and useless to be disturbed or brought up about future things that may never come.

      But it is human nature to be deceived by these fallacies. It is a sign that your mind is still weak as it is so easily distracted at the threat of an enemy. The enemy does not care if he can deceive you with something true or false, whether it is the love of the present or fear of the future. “I have left you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give you is a gift the world cannot give. So, don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27). When you think you are far removed from me, I am often the closest. When you determine most of all is lost, then there is often a more excellent opportunity at hand. All is not lost when something goes contrary to your wishes. Do not judge something all according to your present feelings or grieve at anything that goes wrong. Do not believe there is no hope of escape.

      Do not think of yourself as being totally abandoned, even though I have sent you some trials and troubles and even withdrawn some cherished comforts. No, this is the way to the kingdom of heaven. Without a doubt, it is better for you – and for all my other servants – that you should be proven by adversities rather than having everything the way you would like it. I know your hidden thoughts. It is very necessary for your souls how that you should sometime be left without joy, so you won’t be lifted up by prosperity and will desire to please only yourself. What I have given, I am able to take away – and then restore again – all from my good pleasure.

      What I have given is mine. What I take away, I have not taken what is yours. “Whatever is good and perfect [comes] down to us from God, our father” (James 1:17). These good things come through me. When you experience grief or frustration, do not be angry, and do not let your heart be sad. I am able to quickly you will and change every burden into joy. I am just greatly to be praised when I do these things to you.

      If you will look at this, the right way with truth, you will never be there discouraged by adversity but will rejoice and give thanks. Yes, consider it the highest honor that I do not spare you from sorrows. As I have spoken to my beloved disciples, “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me” (John 15:9). I sent them, not unto worldly joys but to great conflicts, not into honors, but contempt; not unto ease, but the hard labor; not to rest, but to bring much fruit through patience. My friend, remember these words.3.

 

1.     Warren W. Wiersbe, Be Joyful, p52

2.     David Jeremiah, turning point, May 10, 2011

3.      Thomas A. Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Book3 Chapter 30.

 

 

 

 

     

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOVEMBER 2021 NEWSLETTER

INTRODUCTION - MY VERY FIRST BLOG

October 2021 NEWSLETTER